Sunday, July 31, 2005

Prayer about Cheese

I saw this over at The Shrine of the Holy Whapping. It is simply amazing, and is one of the most significant postings I have ever seen.


Prayer Composed Whilst Eating a Piece of Cheese

I'm being dead serious here.

Almighty God, let my tasting of this, Thy creature cheese, be a participation, however distant and frail, in the goodness of Thy ineffable nature in which all good things come from and in which all good things partake. Let my enjoyment of the goodness of Thy creation be always the enjoyment of the fruits of Thy divine labor, and a participation, however shadowy and distant, in Thyself mirrored in the beauties of Thy handiwork, the world's frame. Deliver me from gluttony, from false love and false beauty, and let always my senses be portals for Thy holy works and inspiration. Through Christ, from whom all good things come. Amen.

Posted by: Matthew / 6:04 PM
Shrine of the Holy Whapping July 29, 2005
http://holywhapping.blogspot.com/


I hope there will be more such new reverent and relevant prayers. Superb. Please keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home