Tuesday, July 26, 2005

God's Grandparents

Today (July 26) is the feast of Sts. Joachim and Ann - the parents of Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

They are God's grandparents...

Yes, it is thought (I have heard?) that they both died before the birth of Jesus... well, what of it... my mother's father died before my birth... but he's still my grandfather.

Sts. Joachim and Ann, pray for us here in the e-cosmos, and for all grandchildren throughout the world. We need so badly that touch which only grandparents can give!

3 Comments:

At 27 July, 2005 07:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Grandparents of God"- how lovely! Never remember hearing of them being referred to quite that way before. Is it a poem you have written? If not...

I'll wait,
:)
Faith

(Almost closed- LOL!!!)

 
At 27 July, 2005 10:25, Blogger Dr. Thursday said...

No such poem, but I will see what I can do. Why not try it yourself?

 
At 27 July, 2005 11:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dr. T, maybe I will try.
Altho, and I'm sure you've heard this before- allow me to echo- that reading your writings and poetry is like touching and experiencing an actual foretaste of Heaven, under the seemingly limitless ceiling of Its beautiful, albeit temporary, firmament. And it brings such a joy to those of us who have read your work, who are waiting and praying with you, in joyful hope, for the Second Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Thank you, again...
Faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home