Thursday, June 15, 2006

ChesterCon 2006 begins today!

After a long journey, which almost did not get started, I am happy to say that I am here on the campus of the University of St. Thomas, on Thursday morning (hee hee) with the Chesterton Conference to start this evening!!!

The important thing to note about the journey is that I was able to stop at the fabulous Loome Booksellers yesterday (see link at right)!!! And I made some discoveries and bought some books. Some will be reported on later as time permits. The one which brought the great noise of discovery was the three-volume translation of Dante's Divine Comedy by Dorothy Sayers!!! Excellent. Also an intense volume by John Buridan YES!!! WOW from the 1300s!!! If you don't know who that is, I will tell you. You need to know.

But here and now: it is somewhat gray out, and there was a drizzle, but that is very Chestertonian weather.

More on all this later. The others will be coming soon...

8 Comments:

At 15 June, 2006 12:24, Blogger love2learnmom said...

Loome's is fabulous! I've never bought anything there, but we got to visit once when Ria was a baby (no budget for books back then). I'll bet you met Henry - the book guy extraordinaire. He's a friend from college - we just saw him at the MN homeschool conference.

 
At 15 June, 2006 12:47, Blogger Ron Rolling said...

Welcome to Minnesota! Work obligations and the lack of transportation will prevent me from meeting you in person. Enjoy the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

 
At 15 June, 2006 14:05, Blogger rhapsody said...

Thanks for writing!

Have a great time!!!

 
At 15 June, 2006 14:25, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Glad you made it finally. Keep us posted. ;)

 
At 15 June, 2006 22:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous about the books you got. Very very jealous.
I'm happy you made it, though, (and got some really great books which I'm very jealous about).
Did I mention that I'm feeling very jealous right now?
Have a good time. : )

 
At 16 June, 2006 08:32, Blogger rhapsody said...

What Rhonda said!

I don't know how these people can have such a good time, when we're so miserable!

*sniff:)

 
At 16 June, 2006 08:49, Blogger rhapsody said...

PS (But glad you're having a great time- & thank you for the updates)!

 
At 18 June, 2006 18:54, Blogger chattr said...

John Buridan at Stanford's Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home