Monday, May 25, 2009

Four years and counting...

Today, May 25, marks four years since this blogg was begun!

Gratias agamus Domino Deo nostro.

Verily, let us give thanks to the Lord our God - for as Chesterton said, "I have often thanked God for the telephone." [GKC What's Wrong With the World CW4:112]

I have no time to summarise today - you might check out my index over on the right to see some of the more interesting postings. If you are in the mood for other stories, there are also short stories and even a novel and some non-fiction available.

I am busy, as usual, which is a good thing. Some exciting plans have begun brewing, but I am not yet at liberty to go into them just now.

But I will give just a hint.

First let us recall the fact that yesterday, May 24, was the 126th anniversary of the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge - a day which happened to be a THURSDAY. (hee hee!)

With that little fact I shall give the hint by quoting Chesterton, a famous one I have used many times previously, which I first read in a book by Father Jaki:


The rebuilding of this bridge between science and human nature is one of the greatest needs of mankind.
[GKC The Defendant 75]



FInally, let us recall the fallen defenders of our country, and pray for them.

Also, we should remember - as I neglected to mention last week - that we are within the Great Novena, the period of nine days of prayer directed by our Lord himself in preparation for the feast of Pentecost....

Heart of Jesus, in whom are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, have mercy on us.
[cf. Col. 2:3]

1 Comments:

At 31 May, 2009 23:31, Blogger Sheila said...

Many happy years of blogging, Dr. Thursday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home