Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas - thanks to St. Paul

Merry Christmas!

Just a short note, no time to set up the references or give a prolonged argument, but I had to get it out onto the air. Er. Out to the E-cosmos. You know what I mean.

As I heard the epistle today from St. Paul to Titus, it struck me that we really have to thank St. Paul for Christmas. After all, St. Luke was St. Paul's sidekick, writing stuff up all the time (see the last half of Acts of the Apostles!) and it is said (I think I read it in Fr. Ricciotti's book on St. Paul) that it was the gospel as preached by St. Paul which St. Luke put down on parchment...

So whenever we hear any of St. Paul's readings, we ought to remember that it was most likely he who first told people about the Annunciation, about the Visitation, and especially about the journey to Bethlehem, and the manger, and the shepherds, and the angels...

Thanks, St. Paul!

God bless you all on this great feast!

1 Comments:

At 25 December, 2008 20:34, Blogger love2learnmom said...

Interesting!

A Merry Christmas to you!

with love from all the Van Hecklers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home