Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Transitions

Things are very difficult just now - might I mention New Orleans - and I hope you are all praying.

And while I am thankful not to have to deal with all that water, there are other complications which enter one's life from time to time, which can seem very hard to endure.

In order to thwart those evil tendencies, I have taken the last opportunity I may ever have to send a message into interstellar space... though it also bounced off a satellite and went everywhere across this country.

In the near future, I will explain what I had been doing with that satellite, and why.

But for now I will just tell you the message. You may have heard it before.


The heavens proclaim the glory of God
and the firmament shows forth the work of His hands.
Day unto day takes up the story
and night unto night makes known the message.
No speech no word
no voice is heard
yet their span exends through all the earth,
their words to the utmost bounds of the world.

Psalm 19 (18)

"Thanks are the highest form of thought." -- G. K. Chesterton.


And I must say, at this moment, I am very thankful.

Yes: ora et labora

2 Comments:

At 01 September, 2005 12:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. T,
It's so good to hear from you!
Well, whatever it is you're doing, just please be careful!!!
Transitions can be difficult- but I know that you know that the Holy Spirit is the Divine Constant in our life's equation.

Am praying with you &
for you...
:)
Faith

 
At 03 September, 2005 10:10, Blogger Nancy C. Brown said...

What a beautiful opportunity you had to send forth a message to the universe. I read recently that Chesterton believed that the Catholic church extended to the ends of the universe, and although I had never thought of that before, I understood it immediately, and knew that it was true.
This reminds me of the story that somewhere, sateliting around the earth, is a piece of the true cross (I don't know if that is true, but I remember reading it somewhere).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home